Uttarakhand is very rich place in terms of nature and foods. In Uttarakhand Garhwal district is well known as most religious place in this earth. In Garhwali culture we can find many local dishes.
In these food Garhwali Lentil popular as Garhwal Ki Pahari Dals is one of the tasty dishes in this region. This whole version of the salmon colored lentils with a very unusual tempering that hails from the hills.
Ingredients used to prepare Garhwali Pahari Lentil Recipe
1 cup whole lentils, washed and soaked in 5 cups water
Salt according to taste
Red or Green chilies according to taste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
3 teaspoon mustard seeds
1.5 teaspoons cumin seeds
12 cloves garlic
2 teaspoon oil
2 onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons tamarind, soaked in 1/2 cup water
1.5 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Appliances Used to prepare Garhwali Pahari Lentil Recipe
Juicer Mixer Grinder
How to cook Garhwali Pahari Lentil Recipe
* Pressure cooks the dal with the water, salt, chilies and turmeric well mixed in it. It took nearly 12-15 minutes to boil.
* Same time grind together the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic into a paste merged with few teaspoons water.
* Heat the oil. Fry the sliced onions till they are golden brown. Now add the paste and fry a few more seconds, stirring continuously.
* Add the tomatoes. Fry till the fat separates.
* Strain the tamarind water and push through a strainer as much of the pulp as you can. Discard the seeds. Add the tamarind to the pan. Let it come to a boil. Simmer a
few minutes before turning into the dal. Stir it well. Now the dish is ready to eat.
How to serve Garhwali Pahari Lentil Recipe
Uttarakhand Ki Pahari Dals is ready to eat. Serve this dish hot with garnish in the coriander.
Cooking Time of Garhwali Pahari Lentil Recipe
It takes 30 minutes for completion of this dish.
How many people Serves with Garhwali Pahari Lentil Recipe
This dish is enough for 6 peoples.