South Africa is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of nature and beauty like sea, lands, parks, animals, plants and fauna. South Africa is one of the beautiful country in the world. In this astonishing place one can find numerous wild life sanctuaries and national park for wild life securities and preservation. In these National Parks Namaqua National Park is the newest national park which was founded in the year of 1999. It is located in Northern Cape Province, South Africa.
Facts file and Stats of Namaqua National Park
* Namaqua National Park located in Northern Cape Province, in South Africa.
* It is situated 495 km north of Cape Town, the capital city of South Africa.
* Namaqua National Park is surrounded by the semi-desert Succulent Karoo biome.
* It was founded in the year of 1999.
* The area of the Namaqua National Park is around 700 square KM.
* The Speckled Padloper, the smallest tortoise in the world, is only founded in Namaqua National Park.
* Namaqua National Park official website is sanparks.org/parks/namaqua.
* Every year around 1, 00,000 visitors are visited in Namaqua National Park.
* Spring bloom of brightly colored wildflowers is one of the major tourist’s attractions of Namaqua National Park.
* Namaqua National Park is founded for the protection of its flowers.
* Namaqua National Park restrains more than 5,000 different species of plants.
* The best time to visit Namaqua National Park is the spring season from Aug to Sep.
* In Namaqua National Park picking of the flowers is prohibited.