Marigold is one of the most beautiful flowers found in our planet. The meaning of Marigold is a flower with hundred leafs which describe its many florets per head. This South American origin flower is also known as Tagetes. It’s name is taken from the word ‘Mary’s Gold’ a name commonly used for Calendula.
Marigold is a garden plant which is planted yearly. In our world you can find numerous colors of this hundred lefs flower in which orange and yellow are the most common colors. This beautiful flower is mostly useful in decoration and the perfume industry.
Types of Marigold
Basically there are four types of Marigold are found –
* Tagetes Erecta
It is also known as African or American Marigolds. Size of this type is normally goes to three feet in height.
* Tagetes Patula
It is also known as French Marigolds. Size of this type is normally remain 5 inches to 18 inches.
* Signet Marigolds
This type of Marigolds are used for the decoration purposes.
* Mule Marigolds
Combination of tall African and short French marigolds.
Facts file and Uses of Marigold
* Marigold is belongs to the Tagetes family of the flower.
* This flower origin place is South America.
* It’s mostly used for decorations purposes.
* Marigolds are useful for the perfume industry.
* In this world there are more than 56 species of Marigold are exists.
* Marigolds are an ornamental plants which grown with their flowers.
* Mostly Marigolds are found in the garden and indoors.
* Orange and yellow are the two most common colors of Marigold.
* Marigold is a native plant of North and South America.
* It is an annually planted flower.
* Marigold is commonly used as a food color.